Thursday, June 12, 2008

Life in Kentucky

Yes, I'm back in Kentucky and working at the Library with Mom this summer. Nothing too exciting has happened so far. We went to the Woodhouse family reunion near Dayton, Ohio last weekend and had a good time with family.
My poor car, Myrna, has had some compressor issues, so I've been without a car for about 2 weeks and am SO ready to have the old girl back. It should be fixed by tomorrow and it looks like the Lord has worked out some of the finances for us as well.
I've really been enjoying a class I started teaching on Wednesday nights at church. It mostly 8-12 yr old girls (with an occasional boy) and they're always little balls of energy. We're studying the life of Joseph and having loads of fun.
It's already been really hot and I'm hoping to get some sun this weekend. Well, that's probably a false hope, but I'll try anyway. It usually rains on my days off :(
Please keep praying for Bri and her group- they're in beautiful Colorado now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Alaina- Nice to see an update from you. Looks like you're having a wonderful summer so far. Hope that everything is going great! I'll keep prayin' for Bri and for you as well. Take Care! =)

-Brittany

Deege said...

Wow looks like you're busy. Thanks for finally posting yourself.

Beasty said...

Lainy, thanks for putting the videos up there! It makes me feel like I was sorta there at the reunion. I sure missed everyone. I love dad in the nursery too :)

6 woodhouse kids said...

Hi, Alaina. I liked the pics & movies of the reunion--especially the one with Aunt Debbie playing beanbag toss. I do remember that game, where nobody was getting any points (partially because 100% of the 4 players were women). That was an interesting reunion. I also liked the movie of Uncle Ronnie tickling the kids.
Nicholas

Jordan Eaks said...

Good Pictures! (especially the ones with Kimmy and Nicki! :)(oh and adrienne too!)